Samuel Kakaire Obiira
- Bachelor of Laws degree from Makerere University
- Post graduate Diploma in Legal practice from the Law Development Centre
Kakaire Samuel Obira is an associate at the firm with experience in Company law and corporate affairs, Employment law, Communications law and media practice, Intellectual Property, Land transactions, and Environmental law and practice. Before joining CR. Amanya, Samuel worked with the National Environment Management Authority where he was advising clients on their legal and environmental issues.
Samuel has provided clients with relevant corporate advisory in various legal and corporate fields to enable them find a solutions to their concerns. It is important to note that some of the clients that have advised by Samuel include government agencies, multinational corporations, private entities such as companies and individuals.
Samuel’s experience includes:
- Drafted and reviewed several companies’ human resource policies to align the said companies with the current legal and regulatory frameworks and best human resource practices. Such companies include Britam Insurance Company Uganda Limited, HK Properties Limited among others. This practice has also fostered the review and redrafting of several other employment contracts for the said entities so that all concerns emanating from the policies are in sync with the relevant laws.
- Facilitated corporate restructuring schemes which include recruitments and separations. This includes review of the company’s existing structures and ascertaining the practicability of retention of the employees vis-à-vis separation to foster efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery. To this end Samuel has handled a successful restructure and release of employees while reducing liabilities to the company.
- Provided support to several reputable entities on retainer through legal secretary support and a relationship manager. This has enabled Samuel to juggle several corporate actions from company incorporation, rectification of company records at the registry of companies, filing of intellectual properties to protect and secure companies innovations, filing annual returns, operationalizing companies among other roles.
- Advised clients on the various paradigms of intellectual property and registered several trademarks for entities.
- Undertaken Corporate Finance and Debt Recoveries including debt collection, debt restructuring, arbitration and mediation.
- Criminal prosecution and civil litigation having represented the Government Uganda, working closely with the Attorney General’s Chambers and the Directorate of Public Prosecution. Samuel has carried on the same expertise to the firm and has represented several clients in matters before court t
- Monitoring, Compliance and Enforcement of policies including legal and regulatory
- Drafting and reviewing multiagency agreements. Outstanding action is preparation and review of an MOU in EACOP project pertaining to the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Drafting Legal and regulatory frameworks including bills, regulations, guidelines and bye laws i.e the National Environment Act and all regulatory frameworks prior to 2021
- Liaising with Governmental MDAs in multi corporation engagements
- Legal advisory services in Land Conveyances including due diligences, negotiations, registration, perfection of securities and consultations
- Uganda Law Society
- East African Law Society
- Uganda Christian Lawyers Fraternity