- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) – Makerere University.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice –Law Development Centre
Harold is an Advocate and commissioner for oaths. He is a partner at the firm and currently heads the Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice. The Department has over the years gained a good reputation for successful closure of matter for the firm’s local and international Clients, in different fields of the law. The firm’s litigation Clients range from international construction companies, major players in the oil and gas sector, Broadcasters, Insurance companies Banks and other reputable companies in Uganda.
Harold has seven years of experience in legal practice, with a commendable art of execution of insurance, construction, arbitration, intellectual property, domestic relations, human rights enforcement, corporate governance, employment, debt management and recovery instructions.
Harold is a registered insolvency practitioner who has handled several instructions pertaining to closure of companies and settling of company debts.
Since joining the firm, Harold has successfully represented the firm Clients in high-value construction and insurance arbitration proceedings both at a local and international level.
Due to this expertise, Harold has become a go-to for advisory by several companies relating to employment, corporate governance and contract negotiation, execution and conclusion.
- Represented two international firms for recovery against the government.
- Represented an International firm on contract negotiation, execution and recovery on a major national project funded by the African Development Bank.
- Winding up a company with over 200 creditors, and total debt of over UGX.7,000,000,000/=
- Part of the legal team in several Election Petitions challenging parliamentary elections.
- Part of the legal team preparing pleadings and submissions relating to the review of the claim of the Republic Public of Congo against Uganda at the International Court of Justice.
- Successfully represented an international mining foreign investor to recover over $10,000,000 Dollars arising out of a Tin Operation Mining Agreement.
- Successfully represented one of the major Insurance Companies in Uganda in several subrogation matters to recover over a UGX. 5,000,000,000/=, all in complex insurance and regulatory disputes at the High Court and arbitration tribunals.
- Successfully represented several Clients in Divorce, custody, maintenance, legal guardianship and inheritance matters in the High Court family Division.
- Recently successfully represented a financial services Group in a USD 15 Million dispute involving money remittance operations.
- Represented a Nigerian Construction company in multi-million-dollar dispute on construction breaches and guarantees.
- Represented an international broadcaster for license renewal for Television broadcasting by UCC.
- He has represented Two Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) previously closed by the government to be reopened and resume operations.
- He has fostered the establishment of sound legal systems in the Non-governmental organizations, local and multinational companies.
- He has also consulted on high-profile cases and serves as company secretary for several local and international companies.
- Uganda Law Society
- East Africa Law society.
- Uganda Christian Lawyers Fraternity.