Claire Amanya Rukundo KakeetoManaging Partner
- Uganda Law Society.
- East Africa Law Society
- Uganda Women Lawyers Federation, (FIDA-Uganda)
- Institute of Corporate Governance of Uganda (ICGU)
- Forum for African Women Educationalists- Uganda Chapter (FAWEU)
- Founder and President of Uganda Alumni of Tanzania Association (UATA).
- Board Member of the award winning, legal and social enterprise, Barefoot Law
- Committee Member of the Welfare and Membership Committee of the Uganda Law Society.
- Board Member Sambo Trust
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) – University of Dar-es-Salaam
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice –Law Development Centre (LDC)
- Masters of Laws, International Business (LLM) University College London (UCL)
- Graduate of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (UK)
- Community Service
- Paul Harris Fellow (PHF)
- Member of The Rotary Club of Acacia Sunset
- Supports Arsenal Football Club
Claire is a Rotarian, a UK trained lawyer and an advocate of the High Court of Uganda. She is a Commissioner for Oaths and Notary Public with over twelve years’ experience in legal practice.
She is an enthusiastic and analytical lawyer with a solid background in legal practice backed up by an exceptional academic record; having previously emerged the best student in the Country in the UACE exams and the best student the Bar Course.
She previously working with Kampala Associated Advocates, an associate of reknowed Dentons (Formerly Denton Wilde Sapte), and the world’s largest law firm being a leading international law firm based in UK and USA.
Claire has previously acted as counsel and relationship manager to a number of leading multi-national companies operating and/or engaged in transactions in Africa such as Standard Chartered Bank, Barclays Bank, Lloyds TSB, African-Import Export Bank (Afrexim Bank). Not to mention regional companies like SABMiller, Tullow Oil Operations Pty, Total E& P Uganda B.V, Toyota Uganda, Helios Towers, AECOM Government Services et al.
Claire is a consultant of the World Bank and regularly participates in their Survey Projects including Enabling the Business of Agriculture Producer Organizations, Procuring Infrastructure PPPs, World Bank’s Migration and the Law project, Benchmarking Public-Private Partnerships Procurement and the Benchmarking the Business of Agriculture Land Survey. She is a contributing member of the World Bank Doing Business Project for Uganda, regularly writes articles in her specialist fields and presents at seminars and training events.
She has published articles on topical legal matters. She has undertaken professional training courses on the FIDIC construction contracts and international commercial arbitration. She is also an external examiner of the Post Graduate Bar Course at the Law Development Center.